This simple and brief tutorial is going to show beginners how to connect to Windows 7 shared folders from Ubuntu in home / work based network.
- Assume that you already have the Windows 7 shared folder created, and it's connected to the network.
- Get the Windows 7 username and password, hostname or ip address (Start -> cmd -> run
To get started:
In Ubuntu open Nautilus file browser by going to Home Folder, then head to menu File -> Connect to Server…
In pop-up window, select type Windows Share. Then:
- type in server: Windows 7 IP address or hostname (in all CAPS).
- type in Domain name all in CAPS
- input username and password and others
After all click on connect and it pops up a new Nautilus window with shared folder opened.